Home » Keto Recipes » Keto Chicken Recipes » Keto Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
Keto Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
I love a good lemon chicken dish. Love. And you can’t help but love this Keto slow cooker lemon chicken and mushrooms recipe.
Lemon Chicken, Only Easier
If you’ve ever made lemon chicken in your pre-Keto existence you may have noticed it’s kind of a pain in the rear.
One recipe I was particularly fond of involved a ton of work and time. Flatten the chicken, flour the chicken, pan fry the chicken, cook the lemons, add the chicken back in the pan. Oh, and you had to do it in batches.
I’m not going to lie, the chicken was amazing, but who has time for that?
With a slow cooker, you can prepare your ingredients and leave them alone while you take care of life. Slow cookers are good like that.
How I Made This Keto
There are about a million lemon chicken recipes out there, so I can’t possibly cover all of the ways a lemon chicken recipe might not be Keto, but here are a few thoughts.
Obviously, the recipe from my former life contained flour, which would be a definite no-go for Keto. While it might be possible to conjure up something similar using low-carb flours, the whole flour scenario is necessary with this slow cooker version.
Another common pitfall with lemon chicken recipes is that people want to serve them over noodles. That’s another situation that’s not gonna fly with Keto, but you could substitute zucchini noodles or shirataki noodles if you want to replicate a dish you enjoy.
Mushrooms are a nice filler in recipes like this. They add a bit of an umami vibe but are otherwise fairly content to just sponge up the flavors around them.
They have a great way of making any dish feel more substantial and filling.
More Keto Crockpot Recipes
You’ve got this amazing new Keto slow cooker lemon chicken and mushrooms recipe. What more could you want?
If I had to guess, I’d say more recipes. All. The. Recipes.
You’ve got it! Here are more than 100 scrumptious Keto crockpot recipes you can enjoy.
After all, you’ve already got that slow cooker, so you might as well put it to good use by making some beef stroganoff or chicken enchilada soup.
There are tons of soups, pulled meats, stews, stocks, shrimps, curries, roasts, and more.
There’s a better way to live your best Keto life, and it’s by making your slow cooker work harder than you do.
A fresh lemon chicken with a glaze, perfect for spring and summer.
- 2 lemons (170 g)
- 4 chicken thighs (600 g), with skin on
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 2 cups (150 g) of white button mushrooms, sliced thick
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) of chicken stock
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (1 g), leaves picked
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh thyme, to garnish
- Cut both lemons in half. Save one half for juice and set aside. Thinly slice the remaining lemons and set aside.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick pan and fry the thighs until the skins are golden and crispy. Remove the thighs and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the mushrooms and cook until caramelized.
- Place the chicken, mushrooms, and slices of lemon in a slow cooker, and pour in the chicken stock. Squeeze the lemon half into the slow cooker and add the picked thyme leaves. Cover and cook for 2 hours on low.
- After two hours, remove the chicken, lemon, and mushrooms with a slotted spoon, and set aside to keep warm.
- Pour the stock into a clean nonstick pan on the stove and reduce over high heat until it becomes thick and glossy. Use a pastry brush to simply brush this glaze over the chicken thighs.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with additional fresh thyme sprigs.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 17 g