- 2 teaspoons of olive oil (10 ml)
- 1 red onion (110 g), peeled and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of cumin powder (4 g)
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (2 g)
- 2 cloves of garlic (6 g), peeled and finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (800 g), skinless and deboned
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano (2 g)
- 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth (840 ml)
- 3/4 can of diced tomatoes (300 g)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (120 g), chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices tomato (45 g), halved to garnish
- 1 large avocado (200 g), diced to garnish
- Cilantro, finely chopped to garnish
- 1/2 red chili pepper (7 g), seeds removed and finely chopped to garnish
- Chop the red onion and set aside 2 tablespoons to use as garnish.
- Cook onions in a pan with olive oil until soft and caramelized. Halfway through, add the cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic.
- Add the onions, chicken, and oregano to the slow cooker. Pour in the chicken broth and tomatoes. Cover and cook for on high for 2.5 hours.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Shred the chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- If desired, garnish with a small slice tomato, avocado, cilantro, red chili, and onions.
- Serve warm.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 444
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 48 g