- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of olive oil, to cook with
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 10 white button mushrooms (100 g), quartered
- 1 green onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 lb (225 g) of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of lemon juice
- 1 cup (240 ml) of coconut cream
- 3/4 cup (60 g) of shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons (2 g) of fresh parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add olive oil to a pan and fry the diced bacon until crispy.
- Leave the fat in the pan and cook the mushrooms and onions in the pan until caramelized, adding the garlic halfway through. Remove from the pan and set aside to keep warm.
- Add the shrimp to the same pan (you may need to add another drizzle olive oil) and fry the shrimp until they are pink and cooked. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Then add the cooked shrimp to the mushroom mixture.
- In a small pan, heat up the coconut cream and then add in the shredded coconut. Cook to form a thick porridge-like consistency.
- Divide the coconut ‘grits’ into four small bowls. Scoop the shrimp mixture on top, scatter the crispy bacon bits on it and then garnish with finely chopped parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 473
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 42 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 16 g