- 1/2 lb of shrimp (225 g), peeled and deveined
- 1/2 head of cauliflower (300 g)
- 1 carrot (50 g), diced
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) of avocado oil, to cook in
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of gluten-free tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (5 ml)
- 2 cloves of garlic (6 g), finely chopped
- 2 spring onions (10 g), chopped for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Add avocado oil to a frying pan and sauté the shrimp until they’re cooked. Place on a plate to set aside.
- Break the cauliflower into florets, pat dry and food process into small rice-like particles. If it’s a bit wet, then squeeze out the extra water with your hands or a kitchen towel. This prevents the rice from turning into mush.
- In the same pan, cook the rice and the carrots until they’re tender (or to your liking). Then add the shrimp back into the pan.
- Add in the tamari sauce, sesame oil, garlic and sauté on high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Divide between 2 plates, garnish with chopped green onions and serve.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 8 g
- Calories: 434
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 33 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 25 g