This Keto-fied risotto is sure to impress and please any guest.
- 4 Tablespoons of coconut oil (60 ml), divided, to cook with
- 1 filet of cod, fresh or frozen (170 g), defrosted if frozen, chopped
- 0.25 lb of shrimp, fresh or frozen (113 g), defrosted if frozen, peeled and chopped
- 0.5 head of cauliflower (300 g), processed into rice-like pieces
- 1 small tomato (90 g), diced
- 2 green onions (10 g), diced
- 0.5 cup of coconut cream (120 ml) (from the top of 1 refrigerated can of coconut milk) + more if needed
- 2 cloves of garlic (6 g), minced or finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh cilantro (2 g), chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet or pan, melt 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the cod and shrimp to the skillet and saute until cooked through about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower, tomato, and green onions to the skillet and saute until the vegetables are soft and slightly browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add the coconut cream. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return the cod and shrimp to the skillet and add the garlic and cilantro. Simmer for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 8 g
- Calories: 535
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 42 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 30 g