Keto Salmon Fish Cakes Recipe with Creamy Dill Sauce
There’s nothing fishy about these keto salmon fish cakes recipe – they’re delicious. The creamy dill sauce is the perfect complement to this easy ketogenic fish cakes dish.
For more keto fish recipes, check out our list of 21 flavorful ketogenic fish recipes you’ll enjoy (even if you don’t like fish).
Modifications for a Keto Diet
Generally salmon cakes will contain bread or breadcrumbs. Tasty, but off-limits. Instead, I included coconut flour and shredded coconut.
Coconut flour and shredded coconut help bind the cakes together, along with eggs.
The dill sauce didn’t really need much in the way of modifications, although this version uses coconut milk where a lot of others use sour cream.
Health Benefits of Salmon
As you probably know, fish in general and salmon in particular are really good for you. Probably at the top of the list are their omega-3 fatty acids.
Omega-3 fatty acids decrease inflammation, reduce cancer risk and improve artery health. If you’re concerned about heart health, increasing your intake of omega-3s is probably a smart move.
In addition, omega-3s are good for your joints, your brain and your vision. Basically, there are a lot of good things going for you.
Salmon is also a great source of vitamin B12, vitamin D, vitamin B3 and selenium.
As you’d probably guess, salmon also provides a good amount of protein. A serving using this keto salmon fish cakes with creamy dill sauce will get you 42 grams.
Protein assists with healing and recovery, bone health and prevents muscle loss. That last one becomes even more important as you age.
Power up your mind and body and enjoy a healthy meal with this keto salmon fish cakes recipe with creamy dill sauce! In case you are just looking for a non-keto version, here’s one for you.
For salmon fish cakes –
- 3 cans of salmon (approx. 450 g), drained and flaked (or use salmon filets and cook them first)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh dill (6 g), finely chopped
- 3 medium eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour (28 g)
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut (20 g)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (60 ml)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For cooking the fish cakes –
For creamy dill sauce –
- 1/4 cup of mayo (60 ml)
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (60 ml) (from a room temperature can)
- 2 cloves of garlic (6 g), minced or finely diced
- 2 teaspoons of fresh dill (2 g), chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the dill sauce ingredients.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the fish cake ingredients. Form the mixture into 8 patties.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of coconut oil. In batches, carefully place patties in the oil. Cook until golden brown on one side and turn over and cook until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the salmon patties with the creamy dill sauce.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 600
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 50 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 42 g