These Keto red velvet cupcakes are the real deal.
For the cupcakes –
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1 beet, raw, peeled and diced
- Sweetener, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons (24 g) unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
For the frosting –
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Puree the beet and add in the vinegar and coconut oil. Add in the other ingredients and blend well.
- Divide between 12 muffin pans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile make the frosting by blending all the ingredients together. Spread on top of the cupcakes once they’re cooled.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 4 g