Tangy and sweet, this raspberry tart is to die for!
For the crust –
Keto pie crust recipe
For the cashew cream layer –
- 5 oz (140 g) raw unsalted cashew nuts, soaked overnight in water
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons erythritol
- 1 Tablespoon (6 g) gelatin
For the tart topping –
- 40 raspberries
- powdered erythritol, to dust
- Place the cashew nuts into a bowl and cover with room temperature water. Leave to soak overnight.
- For the tart crust, preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Mix together all the crust ingredients to form a dough. Press the dough into a greased tart case. Bake for 10-12 min until slightly browned. Remove and allow to cool.
- Drain the cashew nuts, reserving 1/3 cup of the water and place the soaked nuts and the 1/3 cup reserved water into a food processor. Blend well, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl regularly. Add the almond milk and erythritol and continue to blend the mixture until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In the meantime, make a gelatin egg by sprinkling the gelatin powder over one tablespoon of warm water in a small bowl. Once dissolved, whisk in another tablespoon very hot water and mix well. Add the hot gelatin mixture to the cashew nut mix and blend well to combine. Pour the cashew nut mixture into the cooled tart crust and place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Before serving, arrange the raspberries onto the tart and dust with powdered erythritol.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 5 g
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 4 g