Waffles on Keto? You bet! And pumpkin too!
For the pumpkin spice
- 1/2 Tablespoon (3 g) of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) of ground ginger
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of ground nutmeg
For the waffles
- 1/2 cup (60 g) of coconut flour
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons (30 g) of erythritol
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) of baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of reserved pumpkin spice
- 2 medium eggs (88 g)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of melted ghee
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of pumpkin puree
- confectioners erythritol, to dust
- Prepare a small batch of pumpkin spice by combining the spices in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix the coconut flour, erythritol, salt, baking powder, and pumpkin spice in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, almond milk, melted ghee, and pumpkin puree.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and whisk well until you achieve a thick, slurry consistency. If it is too thick, add a dash of almond milk.
- In the meantime, heat a greased waffle maker. Add the batter, cooking the waffles until crispy. Remove carefully and serve with a dusting of confectioner’s erythritol.
NOTE: This recipe was made using our waffle maker, which makes two 5 x 5-in (13 x 13cm) waffles. If your waffle maker is bigger, double up the recipe.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Serving Size: 1 waffle
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 11 g