Hearty and budget-friendly, this great dinner can be whipped up in 20 minutes.
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 1 medium onion (110 g), peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves (6 g) of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of dry white wine (or water)
- 14 oz (400 g) of savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) of corned beef, sliced into 8 pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh curly parsley, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in the pressure cooker and sauté the onions and garlic over moderate heat until softened and starting to brown.
- Deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker with the wine (or water) and allow all the liquid to cook out. Add the shredded cabbage and use a wooden spoon to evenly coat the cabbage in the onion mixture.
- Place the corned beef slices on top of the cabbage and secure the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 14 to 15 minutes over moderate heat. Allow the pressure cooker to release steam naturally before safely removing the lid. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Garnish the corned beef and cabbage with the chopped fresh curly parsley and serve.
I used a dash of white wine to deglaze the pan (the alcohol will be cooked out) but you could replace the wine with 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar if preferred.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 6 g
- Calories: 520
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 39 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 30 g