Keto Pecan Crisps Recipe
Sweet crunchy goodness! This keto pecan crisps recipe is so quick and easy you won’t mind if your loved ones keep asking you to make it again and again!
If you’re a bit of a cookie monster, then take a peek at our keto cookie recipes list for even more keto-friendly treats!
Making a Keto Cookie
If you’re like me, you want to have your cake (cookie?) and eat it too. In this case, it means spoiling yourself with a tasty cookie without the guilt and blood sugar spike that accompanies a “regular” cookie.
This keto cookie can give you the best of both worlds – all it takes is a couple simple substitutions.
First, instead of all-purpose flour you’ll use a flax or chia seed base. You’ll gain some healthy fat and lose the carbs from the flour.
Next, I swapped sugar for erythritol, which is processed differently by the body and therefore won’t jack up your blood sugar. Win!
Back to the Grind
While you can buy flaxseed that is already ground, you shouldn’t. Flaxseed becomes rancid pretty darn quick, so it’s going to be fresher and healthier if you grind it yourself.
You can use a food processor, but you might be in for a long haul. A coffee grinder tends to tackle this task a bit more efficiently, however, if you’re going this route you should have a grinder designated solely for flaxseed purposes.
Store leftover ground flaxseed in the fridge in an airtight, opaque container.
If this keto pecan crisps recipe is just too healthy for your family and friends, you could treat them to these chocolate chunk pecan cookies.
- 1.5 cups (150 g) pecans, chopped
- 12 pecan halves for topping
- ¼ cup erythritol
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/4 cup (30 g) flax or chia seed, ground into a meal in a blender or food processor or coffee grinder
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Food process the 1.5 cups of pecans, erythritol, egg, flax/chia meal to form a rough dough.
- Place 12 muffin liners into a muffin pan.
- Divide the mixture into the 12 liners.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Place a pecan half on top of each pecan crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before storing in an airtight container.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 170
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 7 g