Keto Paprika Deviled Eggs Recipe
This delicious keto paprika deviled eggs recipe will be the hit of your next party. You might even want to make a double batch or just grab some ideas from these 35 “Egg-scellent” Keto Egg Recipes!
How Deviled Eggs Got Their Name
Using the term “deviled” as a food descriptor is thought to have originated in the 18th century. The word was often associated with spicy or zesty food.
Today, they are also referred to as Russian eggs, stuffed eggs, dressed eggs, or even angel eggs. Apparently, some cooks coined the term “angel eggs” for their supposedly healthier versions.
Whatever you decide to call these keto paprika deviled eggs, you can rest easy knowing these ketogenic festive eggs won’t derail your diet. Eggs are also a good source of protein along with other types of food that you can read about in here.
Tips for Peeling Eggs
This is a pretty straightforward keto recipe, but I hear from a lot of people who detest the peeling process.
It’s understandable. I know I’ve been there with those particularly fussy eggs whose shell seems to want to chip away in the tiniest of pieces.
Here are some tips to hopefully make your egg peeling go smoothly.
- First, cool the eggs before you crack them. This seems to be more successful than tackling them hot. If you’re short on time, you can chill them in the fridge.
- Then get cracking. Give the egg a few solid taps on a hard surface, making sure you see cracks forming.
- Or you can also roll the egg on a firm surface. Usually, this is my Plan B if the standard cracking method isn’t giving me nice large chunks of shell each time I pick at it.
- Finally, you might be lucky enough to have a store that sells nice pre-peeled cage-free eggs. If you don’t mind paying a premium, that’s an option.
- Hard boil the eggs.
- Slice in half lengthwise.
- Carefully remove the egg yolks and mash them with mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper.
- Place back into the egg whites.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 0 g
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 12 g