Home » Keto Recipes » Keto Pan-Fried Pork Tenderloin
Keto Pan-Fried Pork Tenderloin
I had grown up eating a lot of pork tenderloin, but it was always cut into really small pieces or ground to make minced pork. So, the first time I cooked pork tenderloin in a frying pan, I was a bit worried. However I really shouldn’t have…because it’s super easy to cook and is a deliciously tender cut of meat.
The main thing to remember when cooking fried pork tenderloin is making sure you have a meat thermometer to use. You want the pork to be slightly pink in the middle still so that you don’t overcook it but you want to also make sure it reaches 145 F in the middle so that you don’t eat undercooked pork.
If you’re worried about undercooking your pork, don’t worry too much about it. You can slice into your pork tenderloin before serving it to check on whether it’s cooked or not. And if not, you can place it back into the pan. The meat thermometer should allow you to know how cooked the meat is without cutting into it though.
What to enjoy with your pork tenderloin?
I love some green vegetables to go with my pork tenderloin. They not only add flavor but also nutrition.
Here are a few of my favorite Keto side dishes to go with pan-fried pork tenderloin:
- Keto Quick Asparagus Sauté Recipe
- Keto Spinach Mushroom Bacon Saute Recipe
- Keto Bacon Green Beans Recipe
- 1 lb (450 g) pork tenderloin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) avocado or coconut oil, to cook with
- Chop your pork tenderloin into 2-3 sections so that they fit into your frying pan more easily.
- Add oil to your frying pan and use tongs to cook the pork tenderloin on one side first. Once that side is cooked, use the tongs to turn the pork tenderloin and cook the other sides until all sides are browned.
- Keep turning the pork every few minutes until the meat thermometer shows an internal temperature of just below 145F (63C). The pork will keep on cooking a bit after you take it out of the pan.
- Let the pork sit for a few minutes and then slice into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick slices with a sharp knife.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 389
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 47g