Fluffy Keto pancakes soaked overnight and baked as a casserole. A Keto pancake version of bread pudding.
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup (120 g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (28 g) coconut flour
- 3 Tablespoons (36 g) erythritol
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Ghee or additional coconut oil, for cooking
For the casserole:
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) cinnamon powder
- 2 to 4 Tablespoons (24 to 48 g) erythritol, to taste
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
For serving (optional):
- Ghee, fresh berries, or Keto syrup, of choice
- In a large bowl, whisk to combine the pancake ingredients to make a thick but pourable batter. If needed, add additional almond milk, 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) at a time, until batter is pourable.
- Add a small amount of ghee or coconut oil to a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup (60 ml) of batter into the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes, until bubbles start to form. Carefully flip the pancake and cook for about 2 additional minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Set aside the pancake and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Cut each pancake in half and arrange in a greased casserole dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the casserole ingredients until completely incorporated. Pour the casserole mixture evenly over the pancakes.
- Cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Remove the plastic wrap or aluminum foil from the casserole dish and discard. Let the casserole dish sit at room temperature as the oven preheats.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the casserole is golden and cooked through.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving with optional ghee, fresh berries, or Keto syrup, if desired.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per serving: 4 g
- Calories: 313
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 14 g