The perfect combination of coffee and chocolate combined into a delicious Keto muffin.
- 2 ½ cups (300 g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (24 g) cacao powder
- 1/2 cup (96 g) granulated erythritol
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) baking soda
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 shot (30 ml) espresso (or 4 Tablespoons [24 g] instant coffee)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) ghee or coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease or line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper or silicone liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, cacao powder, granulated erythritol, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the eggs, espresso or instant coffee, melted ghee coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract to the bowl and combine to make a smooth batter.
- Spoon approximately 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of batter into each cup of the prepared muffin pan until each cup is about 3/4 full to make 12 muffins.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cooked through and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. Carefully remove the muffins from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store leftover muffins in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 212
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 20 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 6 g