- 2 (3 oz or 85 g) packs of shirataki noodles, drained
- 2.5 cups of chicken broth (600 ml) or bone broth
- 1 Tablespoon of tahini sauce (15 ml)
- 1 Tablespoon of gluten-free tamari sauce or coconut aminos (15 ml)
- 1/2 lb of shrimp (225 g), peeled
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (5 ml)
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice (30 ml)
- 2 green onions (10 g), sliced at an angle
- 1 cup of spinach (30 g), thinly sliced
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- Rinse the shirataki noodles very well, as per the packet instructions to eliminate the smell. It also helps to boil it up a bit and then rinse again. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the broth and add the tahini sauce and tamari sauce. Once steaming hot, add the shrimp, sesame oil, and lemon juice and keep on the heat until you are certain the shrimp have cooked through.
- Add the drained noodles into the broth along with the green onions and thinly sliced spinach and warm through.
- Divide between 2 bowls and serve immediately with a dash of hot sauce.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 221
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 7 g