This keto mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe has a delightful hint of coconut.
- 1.5 oz (45 g) of fresh mint, leaves only
- 2 cans (400 mL each) of full-fat coconut milk, room temperature
- 1 small avocado, peeled
- 50g erythritol or stevia, to taste
- 1.4 oz (39 g) of 100% dark chocolate
- In a food processor or blender, blitz the mint leaves and avocado to a smooth puree and set aside.
- Shake the coconut milk then pour into a large bowl. Whisk until there are no lumps, then whisk in the puree. Cover the bowl and let sit for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Strain the mixture through a double layer of muslin into a large bowl. Discard the pulp. Whisk in the erythritol or stevia.
- Pour the new mixture into the ice cream maker and churn according to your machine’s instructions. Just before switching the machine off, add the chocolate.
- Transfer the ice cream into a freezer container and store covered.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 248
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 24 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 2 g