- 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil (30 ml), to cook with
- 2 Tablespoons of chia seeds (24 g)
- 20 white button mushrooms (200 g), finely chopped
- 1 lb of ground beef (450 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of onion powder (7 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder (10 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of dried rosemary (3 g) (or use 3 Tablespoons of fresh rosemary)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 slices of bacon (336 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, combine the chia seeds and water and set aside.
- In a pan on the stovetop, heat the avocado oil and fry the finely chopped mushrooms until caramelised. Cook the mushrooms so that as much moisture as possible is removed. Place the mushrooms on a paper towel to cool for a bit after they’re cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mushrooms, ground beef, onion and garlic powders, as well as the dried rosemary. Add the chia mixture you made earlier and season the beef mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare a small bread loaf tin lined with parchment paper. Take the strips of bacon and stretch them before laying them inside the tin. They should be long enough to generously overlap the sides as they will need to cover the top of the mixture once its added into the tin. Tip in the beef mixture into the tin and use a spatula or egg-lifter to press down and compress the mixture down to compact it as much as possible. Use the bacon strips to cover the meatloaf in a decorative pattern.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, then remove and set aside to cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 530
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 48 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 21 g