Ingredients for the meatballs:
- 1 spring onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1.5 lb (680 g) ground pork or any other mincemeat of your choosing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
Ingredients for the Bok Choy dish:
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 2 bunches of bok choy (or green beans or swiss chard), roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- ¼ onion, finely diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) avocado oil, to cook with
- Place and mix all the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Use a spoon to form ping-pong ball sized meatballs.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the meatballs on top of the tray. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the internal temperature of the meatballs reach 140 F.
- Add avocado oil to a frying pan and lightly brown the meatballs along with the onions. Then add in the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 40g