This keto marshmallows recipe allows you to make low-carb guilt-free versions of the popular treat.
First part –
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) cold water
- 2.5 Tablespoons (15 g) gelatin powder
Second part –
- Line an 8-by-8 inch pan with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment paper goes up all the sides.
- Grease the parchment paper with coconut oil as well to prevent sticking.
- In a bowl, add in the 1/2 cup of cold water. Sprinkle the gelatin in. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, add in the other 1/2 cup warm water with 1/4 cup erythritol and a dash of stevia to taste. Add in the vanilla extract and salt as well. When it just starts to boil, take it off the stove.
- Start mixing the gelatin mixture with an electric whisk slowly while adding in the hot liquid.
- Keep whisking and increase the whisk speed. The gelatin mixture will turn white and foamy after around 10 minutes.
- Keep whisking for 10 minutes more until the mixture doubles in volume. Pour quickly into the prepared container and smooth the top with a greased spatula.
- Refrigerate the container overnight to set properly.
- Cut the Keto marshmallow into cubes with a good knife (grease the knife with some melted coconut oil first to prevent the marshmallow from sticking to the knife).
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 0 g
- Calories: 7
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 2 g