Lemon juice helps to add a whole new profile to the same old roast chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Wash and pat dry the chicken and place into a large roasting pan.
- Zest 1 of the lemons, and rub the zest over the outside of the chicken.
- Season the chicken (inside and outside) with plenty of salt and pepper. Don’t under season!
- Stuff the inside of the chicken with 1/2 lemon, the 2 sprigs of thyme, and 1/4 cup of ghee.
- Rub the rest of the ghee on the outside of the chicken.
- Slice the rest of the lemons and place around the chicken in the roasting pan.
- Roast in the oven for 85-120 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken). For a 4 lb (2 kg) chicken, roast for 105 minutes.
- Insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh and check the temperature is 165 F (74 C).
- Remove from oven and cover with aluminum foil and rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 0 g.
- Calories: 575
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 40 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 57 g