Keto Lemon Chicken Recipe
This keto lemon chicken recipe is so quick and easy you can make it after work. Pick up a package of cauliflower rice (yes, that’s a thing now!) and you’re all set for the perfect meal!
Different Cuts of Chicken
How often do you pass the poultry in the supermarket in a zombie-like state, only to pick up the chicken breast by habit?
There are other players in the chicken game, you know. This particular recipe calls for either chicken thighs or drumsticks. Let’s talk about those.
The meat on thighs is darker and firmer than chicken breasts. Most people consider it to be tastier as well.
It’s advisable to keep the skin on when you cook thighs. This helps the meat to remain tender and juicy.
Kids and the young at heart seem to love devouring drumsticks, which often beg to be eaten by hand.
A popular barbeque option, they come on the bone. They’re inexpensive and easy to work with. Again, I’d advise keeping the skin on when working with drumsticks.
More Paleo Chicken Recipes
Even though I think I can never get tired of chicken, I do tire of the same old chicken recipe. Here are some fresh recipe ideas for your paleo diet. Enjoy!
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) olive oil, for the marinade
- 4 chicken thighs or drumsticks (with the skin on)
- 2 Tablespoons thyme leaves
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil, to cook with
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Mix the 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, thyme, lemon juice, salt, and pepper together in a bowl and rub the mixture on the chicken pieces, making sure to rub under the skin.
- Add the other 2 Tablespoons of olive oil to a large frying pan on high heat and place the chicken pieces into the hot pan skin-side down. Fry until the skin is crispy. Turn the chicken pieces over and cook the other side for a few minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking tray, pour in any leftover marinade along with the lemon slices and garlic. Bake for 20 minutes (check the chicken is fully cooked).
- Serve garnished with a scattering of fresh thyme leaves and serve over cooked cauliflower rice.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 638
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 56 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 32 g