Keto Kale Caesar Salad Recipe [Paleo, Low Carb, Dairy-Free]
You know you should eat more salads on a ketogenic diet, but sometimes things can get a little monotonous.
That’s why we’re always creating new delicious recipes to provide you with inspiration and full bellies! And this keto kale Caesar salad recipe is the perfect way to stay fuller for longer.
Kale isn’t only great for salads, you can use it for hot dishes like this casserole.
How is this different from a regular Caesar salad?
This keto kale Caesar salad recipe is a bit different from the traditional Caesar salad you might get at your local restaurant. Here are the main differences:
- Kale leaves instead of romaine lettuce – kale is packed with more vitamins and minerals than romaine lettuce, making even this small difference an extra boost for your health.
- Dairy-free – while some of you might be ok with some cheese, many people do much better dairy-free. That’s why this recipe is completely dairy-free.
- No croutons – croutons are made from grains (usually wheat). This means croutons not only have extra carbohydrates but gluten or other prolamines. Instead, I’ve added some juicy raspberries for a touch of sweetness and color.
- Healthier Paleo and keto Caesar dressing – most Caesar dressings are filled with unhealthy rancid seed oils like canola or sunflower oil. However, this dressing is freshly made from coconut oil.
- Packed with healthy fats – as you probably already know, you don’t need to be afraid of healthy fats. So this recipe is loaded with delicious bacon, eggs, Caesar dressing (made from coconut oil), and chicken cooked in bacon grease.
Kale Caesar Salad Recipe
Cook your bacon in a pan and then crumble it into bits. Save the bacon grease.
Cook the diced chicken breast in the bacon grease. Add in additional coconut oil if needed.
Make your Caesar salad dressing by following this recipe. If you have Paleo mayo handy, then use the easier method 1. Otherwise, you can make it from scratch using method 2.
Boil your eggs. For soft-boiled eggs, get the pot boiling with the eggs in for 4 minutes. For hard-boiled, boil for 6 minutes. Peel the eggs and slice in half.
Toss the salad dressing with the kale leaves. Add the chicken, bacon bits, raspberries, and eggs to the bowl and enjoy with a glass of iced tea.
Looking for a classic Caesar salad recipe? Here’s one with anchovies.
More Keto Salad Recipes?
Check out our list of Ketogenic salad recipes here.
For the salad –
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 chicken breast (approx. 1/2 lb or 225 g), diced
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) coconut oil to cook with
- 2 eggs, soft or hard boiled
- 8 raspberries
- Large bag of baby kale leaves (approx. 125 g) or regular kale leaves chopped
- Black pepper to taste
For the Caesar salad dressing –
To make the salad dressing –
- Blend all the salad dressing ingredients together well.
To make the salad –
- Place the coconut oil into a pan and cook the diced bacon and chicken breast.
- Slice the boiled eggs in half.
- Toss the salad dressing with the kale leaves. Top with the chicken, bacon, raspberries, and egg halves. Add additional black pepper to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 640
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 51g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 38 g