- 2 Tablespoons of salt
- 2 Tablespoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon of thyme
- 2 teaspoons of white pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoons of black pepper
- For the Pork Roast
- 4 lb pork shoulder
- 1/4 cup Jamaican Jerk spice blend
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) bone broth
- Rub the pork with the spice blend well.
- If using a Slow Cooker, add broth to the pot and cook the meat for 8-10 hours on high until tender.
- If using an Instant Pot, add broth to the pot and cook the meat on Manual, high pressure for 60 minutes. If the meat isn’t tender enough to shred, cook for longer.
- If using the oven, preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Place the meat onto a baking tray with high sides and pour in the bone broth. Cook for 3-4 hours until tender.
- Shred your meat so that the spices seep in throughout the meat for extra flavor and add additional salt, to taste.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 19g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 27g