Keto-friendly Italian “Breaded” Pork Cutlets
We’re all avoiding dairy and gluten as much as we can, but there are still ways to create a delicious “breading” without using cheese or bread at all. So when you’re craving delicious pork cutlets for dinner one night, give this recipe a try with this super simple “breading” technique.
There are a lot of Keto pork cutlet recipes that might use cheese (like parmesan cheese) or nut flours for the breading, but this recipe is way easier…eggs.
Yep, you can whisk a few eggs, dip your pork cutlets into the egg mixture and create a flavorful “breading” that’s 100% Keto-friendly and delicious.
For this recipe, we’ve mixed in Italian seasoning into the egg mixture to create a balanced taste profile. But you could also change up the seasoning to other spices of your choosing.
And what can you serve this with? How about our coconut creamed spinach with pork rinds recipe…it’ll provide extra creaminess to your meal.
- 4 pork cutlets
- 4 Tablespoons ghee, to cook in
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together the eggs, Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Dip the pork cutlets into the egg mixture and cover well.
- Add ghee to a large frying pan and melt on high heat.
- One by one, add in the pork cutlets into the frying pan and let them cook for 5 minutes on each side. Keep flipping the cutlets until cooked (check the internal temperature of the cutlets reach 145F).
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.