Keto Homemade Pork Sausage
One of my favorite things to cook from ground pork is a nice, big and meaty sausage that I can serve as breakfast or dinner, depending on my mood and nutritional needs. For this homemade sausage recipe, I used garlic powder, paprika, and salt to season the meat, but if you want to give it a more special taste you can add rosemary, basil, and parsley and replace the normal paprika with the smoked one.
If you incline to do this ground pork recipe for dinner you can serve it alongside this Roasted Cheesy Keto Cauliflower Recipe which is amazingly good and dairy-free, or you can keep it light and simple alongside one of these 38 Hearty Keto Salad Recipes.
If you’re more of a breakfast sausage kind of person and you feel like something’s missing, you can accompany it with your favorite dipping sauce… I’m into Keto BBQ sauces, but don’t take my word for it and find your own top choice.
- 1 lb ground pork (preferably pastured) (or other meats if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons cooking fat (tallow, bacon grease, avocado oil, or coconut oil are great keto fats to cook with)
- In a small bowl combine the ground pork with the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. From this meat mixture, form 8 small flat patties using your hands.
- Add the cooking oil to your skillet and heat to medium before adding the ground pork patties to it.
- Let them cook for 10 minutes on the first side, until they get a little browned and flip them to the other side.
- Let them cook on the second side for 7-8 minutes until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 145F.
- Serving Size: 2 patties per serving
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 24g