Keto Ground Turkey White Chili Recipe
I do love American cuisine – as if you couldn’t tell by all of my burger recipes. However, this recipe was all about playing around with another all-American classic, chili. There are countless variations on the traditional red chili that we all know and love. This recipe takes us down a whole other direction than you may be used to, the white chili.
White chili has been around for some time and is often used for vegetarian dishes. Though turkey makes an excellent substitute for protein in this rich stew. This Keto ground turkey white chili recipe is full of flavor and is easy to put together.
What Is a White Chili?
It is likely that everything you know about chili means that it needs to be red. A base of tomatoes and chili pepper give it that rich color that you have come to expect. It is the far more common chili that you can find at cookouts across the country.
When we say white chili, we are talking more about the texture and consistency. In fact, a white chili could be considered more of a stew. It is typically made with a stock, either poultry or vegetable. From there it can be filled with all types of ingredients. For this recipe, we replace the carb-heavy beans with cauliflower.
Cook Up the 30-Minute Chili Any Time
The other thing about traditional chili is it can take all day to make. Prep can be a big ordeal, and the ingredients need time to stew together. After that, they say that chili is better if it has a night to sit in the fridge. It’s such a big project that it is only worth it to make large batches.
The best part about this recipe is how quick it can be to throw together. In 30-minutes you can have this fresh dish ready to serve. Which also means that you can make it any night of the week. But, you could also make a big batch if you still want to.
Try Some Added Flavors
This fresh take on chili is delectable as it is. However, it is also open for a world of ingredients to make it more to your liking. Feel free to add your personal favorites. Here are a few Keto-friendly ingredients that you can throw into your white chili:
- Bell peppers
- Chili powder
- Cayenne Pepper
This white chili is a fresh take on the American classic.
- 1 lb (450 g) ground turkey
- 1/2 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) avocado oil, to cook with
- 2 cups (480 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, de-stoned and sliced
- Add the avocado oil to a large skillet and cook the ground turkey with the onions and garlic until the turkey is cooked and slightly browned.
- Place into a large pot and add in the chicken broth, cauliflower, and celery.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with slices of avocado.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 6 g.
- Calories: 459
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 33 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 9 g
- Protein: 31 g