Mouth-watering Ground Pork Tacos
Who doesn’t love tacos? They’re super simple to make and really flavorful, which makes them the perfect lunch or dinner dish.
And best of all…they’re always Keto-friendly as long as you use Keto tortillas/wraps like lettuce leaves, egg wraps or even pre-made coconut wraps.
There are tons of meats and fish you can put into your tacos but one of the best is ground pork. You can also use strips of cooked meats as well as shredded meats. But ground meats are one of the best to use because they cook so fast and can absorb flavorings really well. And that means you can have a delicious, flavorful meal on the table in less than 30 minutes!
The onion and garlic powder will flavor the meat, giving it that mouth-watering taste we’re all craving for. If you’re not satisfied with this basic flavoring you can always add different spices like smoked paprika.
As for the toppings, I prefer keeping it simple, with guacamole and salsa, but you can go wild and add fresh cilantro, pickles… or whatever else you’d like.
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) avocado oil, to cook with
- 1.5 lb (675 g) ground pork
- 1/4 medium onion (1 oz or 28 g), diced
- 1/2 medium bell pepper (2 oz or 60 g), diced
- 1 chili pepper (0.5 oz or 14 g), de-seeded and diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) onion powder
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 or more lettuce leaves or other Keto wraps
- Toppings e.g. avocado slices, salsa, guacamole, herb garnish
- Add avocado oil to a frying pan and add in the pork, onions, and peppers. Saute while breaking up the large pieces of meat that can clump together.
- Add in the remaining spices and cook for about 20 minutes on medium-high heat. Seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Put the cooked meat on the wraps and add your toppings.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 1g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 24g