For the meatballs:
- 1 lb ground lamb or beef (450 g)
- 2 teaspoons (2 g) dried oregano
- A large handful of mint, finely chopped (approx. 1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- A few lettuce leaves, to serve with
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Mix the ground lamb with the dried oregano, mint, garlic, salt and pepper. Form small meatballs from the mixture.
- Add olive oil to a large pan and fry the meatballs in batches until browned. Transfer to a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes to ensure the centre of the meatballs cook through.
- Serve the meatballs over a salad made of lettuce and tomato wedges. Generously squeeze over the lemon and garnish the salad with chopped parsley.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 399
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 36 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 20 g