Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Dessert Recipes » Keto Golden Milk Ice Cream Recipe
Keto Golden Milk Ice Cream Recipe
For years, I suffered from digestion issues that left my doctors scratching their heads. No one could tell me why I suffered from extreme stomach pain and constipation.
This is what prompted me to start my own research into what could be causing my severe symptoms that were keeping me from living my life to the absolute fullest.
What I found through research and personal experimentation was that dairy was one of the culprits. Honestly, this upset me because I loved cheese, but my health was more important than my dairy addiction.
However, learning to make my favorite recipes dairy-free was what helped me to give over my dairy addiction and help heal my body in the process.
Benefits of a Dairy-Free Lifestyle
- Weight loss – It is incredibly easy to overeat dairy – especially cheese! If you weight loss is stalled, consider removing dairy from your diet.
- Ease digestion issues – You might be lactose intolerant and don’t even know it. Stomach pain, bloating, diarrhea, constipation and more can improve once you eliminate dairy from your diet.
- Clearer skin – Along with stomach issues, dairy can cause inflammation of the skin. If you suffer from pimples or acne, dairy might be the cause.
- Reduce joint inflammation – Not only can dairy cause skin inflammation, but it can cause joint inflammation as well. Your bad knees might just improve if you cut dairy from your diet.
- Stronger bones – Research shows that calcium from milk and cheese might not be as good for your bones than calcium from non-dairy foods, especially leafy green vegetables and canned fish.
You can read this post to find out even more reasons why you might want to go dairy-free.
Tips For Making Dairy-Free Ice Cream
Most traditional ice cream recipes depend on full-fat dairy milk as well as egg yolks to create a creamy texture. However, to make the creamiest dairy-free and egg-free ice cream possible, here are a few tips that I recommend:
- Use canned full-fat coconut milk. Reduced fat canned coconut milk as well as carton coconut milk will not give you the creamy texture that you expect from ice cream.
- Freeze your ice cream maker churning bowl the night before you make your ice cream.
- Blend the ice cream base using a high-speed blender to fully incorporate the ingredients.
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, you can gently simmer the ice cream base on the stovetop and then carefully blend it for about 30 seconds. A stick blender works well for this!
- Chill your ice cream base for several hours in your refrigerator before churning it in your ice cream maker. Don’t forget to freeze the churning bowl for 24 hours first!
Additional Dairy-Free Ice Cream Recipes
Can’t get enough ice cream? We have you covered! Here are even more delicious dairy-free ice cream recipes for you to enjoy:
4-ingredient ice cream with a delicious coconut and turmeric flavor!
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and combine for 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once churned, place the ice cream in a freezer-safe container and freeze until ready to serve.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container and place in the freezer. Stir every 30 minutes for the first 2 to 3 hours and then allow the ice cream to freeze completely, about 4 additional hours.
- To serve, remove the container from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before scooping and serving.
Nutritional data is per serving. Net carbs per serving is 4 g.
- Calories: 351
- Sugar: 2
- Fat: 37
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2