Keto Garlic Rosemary Lamb Chops Recipe
Don’t be intimidated by this Keto garlic rosemary lamb chops recipe. It may look professional, but you will nail it on your first try.
How to Select Lamb Chops
I’m not sure why, but lamb chops seem to scare people off. It’s not the taste – it’s a misconception that lamb chops aren’t for amateurs.
If you’ve considered lamb in the past but balked at making the purchase, you’re not alone.
But I have to tell you it is possible to prepare mouthwatering lamb chops without investing in culinary school.
All good recipes begin to take shape at the store, and this is no exception. Ordinarily, I encourage people to purchase grass-fed meat if they can find it and afford it.
You’re welcome to do the same with lamb, although I will caution you that lamb that has been grass-fed may have a stronger flavor than its grain-fed counterparts.
Aim for lamb that is light red with even fat. The color of the lamb hints at its age. Young lamb will be light pink, while older lamb will be closer to red.
Depending on where you source your meat, you might have a conversation with the farmer or butcher. They can often prevent you from going in the wrong direction and picking the lamb for the job.
If you’re interested in making this recipe but are on a budget, some of the large warehouse shopping clubs carry lamb. That might score you some decent lamb without breaking the bank.
Preparing lamb isn’t all that different from preparing other kinds of meat. I like to bring the lamb to room temperature before cooking.
You can pull your lamb out of the fridge to warm up while you prepare the special artisan butter that elevates these chops to restaurant quality.
I used ghee (clarified butter), rosemary, and garlic, and it is so lovely in this dish.
Grill the chops on medium-high heat until your fat crisps, then top with the fancy ghee. Melt the ghee over the chops in the oven, and then let your meat rest before serving.
Your chops will look great and taste amazing. This is a recipe that gets you four-star chef status in your own home!
More Keto Grilling Recipes
Grilling is a staple in most Keto households. And there are probably a lot more recipes that work for your diet than you realize.
Discover more recipes like these Keto garlic rosemary lamb chops on this page. You’ll get the dos and don’ts of Keto grilling and lots of new recipes to enjoy.
Flavored ghee adds an extra boost to these delicious lamb chops.
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) of ghee, softened to room temperature
- 3 teaspoons (3 g) of fresh rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves (6 g), peeled and minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large lamb chops (510 g)
- In a small bowl, add the softened ghee, rosemary, and garlic. Mash everything together.
- Pour the flavored ghee onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Roll into a cylinder shape, rolling up the ends to secure. Place in the fridge until firm again.
- Lightly season the lamb chops with salt and freshly ground black pepper on both sides. Cook on a grill until the fat crisps up or bake in a preheated oven (430°F / 220°C) for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the ghee, unwrap, and slice into small discs. Put a disc on top of each chop, placing them in the oven for a minute to gently melt over the warm chops.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 654
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 60 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 28 g