- 4 lbs (1.8 kg) pork cheeks
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) avocado oil, to cook with
- 1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
- 12 white mushrooms, halved
- 1 large leek, cut into large chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) apple cider vinegar
- Cut your pork cheeks into large evenly sized pieces.
- Add avocado oil to a large skillet and place over medium heat. Sear the pork pieces on both sides, until they get browned. Then, place them into your Instant Pot pot.
- Add the chicken broth, mushrooms, leek, garlic, and apple cider vinegar. Place on the lid and lock it into the closed position. Use the “Meat and Stews” setting to cook the meat for 45-60 minutes.
- Take the pork pieces from the Instant Pot and cut them into small pieces (or you can shred them if preferred).
- Pour the rest of the cooked vegetables and all the cooking liquid that’s left in the Instant Pot into a large blender and blend to form a sauce. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the pork with the sauce on top and enjoy.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per serving: 3 g
- Calories: 469
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 32 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 40 g