Ingredients for the meatballs:
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil, to cook with
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
Ingredients for the Marinara Sauce:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, to cook with
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons coconut cream
Instructions on how to make the meatballs:
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients (except for the avocado oil) in a bowl.
- Form small balls from the mixture (you can make approx. 15 meatballs).
- Heat the avocado oil in a saute pan and cook the meatballs in small batches. Turn them over from time to time, until they turn golden-brown.
Instructions on how to make the marinara sauce:
- In a separate pan, add the olive oil, onion, and garlic and cook them until the onions turn translucent but are not yet browned.
- Add the tomatoes, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning and bring to a soft boil for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon zest and cream and let them cook together for another 10 minutes. Serve with vegetables or cauliflower rice.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
- Calories: 287
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 26g