Deep, flavorful pork chops marinated in a smokey, coffee rub and pan fried until golden. Use freshly ground coffee for optimum flavour!
Pork Chops Ingredients:
- 2 pork chops
- 2 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil, to cook with
- 1 tsp ground coffee
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Prepare your seasoning by mixing all the rub ingredients in a bowl.
- Wash and pat dry the pork chops. Rub them on each side with the mixture. Make sure you cover them completely.
- If you have time, place the pork chops in the refrigerator overnight.
- Take the pork chops out of the fridge and let them come to room temperature (approximately 30 minutes). Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Add the cooking oil to a skillet and heat to high heat. Add the pork chops and cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Place the pan in the oven (or place the chops onto a baking pan) and let the pork chops cook for another 10 minutes in the oven.
- Let the meat rest for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.