Keto “Everything” Avocado Breakfast Recipe
Everything seasoning is for more than just bagels! This Keto “everything” avocado breakfast recipe combines the savory mixture of homemade everything seasoning with rich and creamy avocado for a quick breakfast you can enjoy any day of the week.
What’s the Deal With “Everything” Seasoning?
The everything bagel is as emblematic of New York as cheesecake, but it was only invented in the early 1980s. The story goes that David Gussin, a teenager charged with cleaning the oven at a Howard Beach bakery, got the idea for the well-known seasoning blend from the toppings that had fallen off the baking bagels and mixed together on the bottom of the oven .
At the beginning of 2018, “everything” seasoning blew up on the food scene. Trendy restaurants began serving “everything” flavored fish, cocktails, and even doughnuts. These days, “everything” seasoning can be found already made in specialty food shops everywhere. But whether you live too far from a retailer or you want control over all the ingredients, there is no bad reason to make your own. “Everything” seasoning comes together quickly, from ingredients you probably already have. Make a big batch on the weekend, you can get from empty plate to delicious avocado breakfast in no time at all whether it’s a lazy Sunday or a busy Wednesday.
Avocado: A Keto Breakfast Hero
When you make the switch to a keto diet, you will notice how many traditional breakfast foods are full of carbs. If you don’t want to fall out of ketosis, carb-loaded pancakes, waffles, toast, and of course bagels are all out. Luckily, avocado is here to save the day! Check out these tasty Keto breakfasts featuring avocado.
“Everything seasoning is not your typical spice blend. It is generally meant to be added to food that is already cooked rather than be used in a marinade, sauce, or dry rub. Many recipes also include sesame seeds, an ingredient more often found in garnishes than in seasoning blends. If you like “everything” seasoning, here are some other low-carb toppings to try.
- Gomasio – At its simplest, this Japanese seasoning is made with just sesame seeds and salt.
- Zaatar – This Middle Eastern seasoning gets its tang from a spice called sumac, which can be purchased at any Middle Eastern grocery store. You can also substitute lemon zest, but the spice blend won’t keep past a few days in the fridge.
- Dukkah – This Egyptian seasoning is very trendy right now, and with the added benefits of macadamia nuts, this Keto version brings it to the next level.
This savory avocado dish has “everything” you need for breakfast.
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder (or dried minced garlic) (6 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of onion powder (dried minced onion) (6 g)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large avocado (200 g or 7 g), sliced
- To make the everything seasoning, combine the minced garlic, minced onion, and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place an equal amount of sliced avocado on 2 plates. Sprinkle the desired amount of everything seasoning on the avocado and serve. (Store leftover everything seasoning in an airtight ontainer.)
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 160
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 2 g