Delicious Keto vegetarian curry sure to fill you up.
- 6 Tablespoons (90 ml) of avocado oil, to cook with, divided
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into chunks
- 20 white button mushrooms (200 g), chopped
- 1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh ginger, minced
- 1.5 cups (360 ml) of coconut cream (from the top of cans of refrigerated coconut milk – approx. 3 240ml cans)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of chili powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
- Heat 4 Tablespoons avocado oil in a large pan and stir-fry the eggplants and mushrooms until golden and caramelized. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons avocado oil and cook the onions over moderate heat until softened. Add the garlic and ginger and cook until the onions partially caramelize. Stir in the cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chili powder. Mix well then return the eggplants and mushrooms to the pan.
- Pour in the coconut milk and increase the heat. Cook until the coconut milk reduces and thickens, stirring continuously. Season the dish with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with cooked cauliflower rice.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 7 g
- Calories: 289
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 26 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 3 g