Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Cookie Recipes » Keto 3-Ingredient Almond Flour Cookies
Keto 3-Ingredient Almond Flour Cookies
Some days, even five ingredients seem like too many. Don’t worry! That’s what these Keto 3-ingredient almond flour cookies were invented for. Yes, you read that right, 3 ingredients! Of course, you can also add some flavorful extras if you wish but make no mistake, these cookies are pretty darn tasty as is. The simplicity allows the almond flavor to shine and the almond flour and ghee make the perfect tender, crumbly cookie. These would be amazing with a cup of coffee as an after dinner treat or even crumbled over non-dairy yogurt or ice cream for a bit of crunchy indulgence.
Almond Meal vs Almond Flour
Are almond meal and almond flour the same thing? No! As anyone who may have tried to bake with almond meal when the recipe called for almond flour could tell you, they are not the same thing and almond meal cannot be easily substituted for almond flour without modifying the recipe in most cases. So, what is the big difference? Read on to find out!
- Course grind
- Can be unblanched (skins left on) or blanched (skins removed) but usually unblanched
- Commonly used as a substitute for breadcrumbs and in some baked goods
- Fine grind
- Almost always blanched (skins removed)
- Commonly used in light delicate baked goods such as macarons and as a substitute for all-purpose flour (often as part of a blend)
Now it is important to know that there is no official difference between almond meal and almond flour so sometimes products may be misleadingly named. The best way to be sure that you are using the right product for your recipe is to check the grind and whether or it is bleached or unbleached.
Flavor Additions for Added Cookie Fun
These cookies are delicious all on their own, with only three ingredients but that doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun experimenting. Below are some suggestions of additions and pairings to bring your cookies to the next level. You can even split the batch and try two different variations at once! Just be sure to keep in mind any changes in nutritional values that may be brought about by adding ingredients.
- Vanilla and salt (as the recipe suggests)
- Lemon zest
- Orange extract and finely chopped rosemary
- Peppermint extract
- Finely chopped toasted almonds
- Lime zest and toasted coconut flakes
- Cacao nibs
Find more Keto cookie recipes here!
More Low-Carb Almond Flour Recipes
These 3-ingredients cookies are so easy but so tasty.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a dough.
- Take small balls of dough and flatten to form a small cookie (makes approximately 15 cookies).
- Place onto a parchment paper lined baking tray. Make sure there’s space between the cookies.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until slightly browned on top.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 125
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 3 g