Keto Creamy Coconut Ice Cream Recipe
When the weather gets warmer, I start craving coconut. Something about the creamy subtle sweetness of this tropical fruit just screams summer. If you too find yourself craving coconut when the days get longer and hotter, this Keto creamy coconut ice cream is perfect for you. Coconut milk is a staple of Keto cooking, but this ice cream recipe dials the coconut flavor up to eleven with coconut milk, coconut cream, and toasted coconut. So, if you’re looking for a low-carb ice cream recipe that doesn’t just use coconut milk, but highlights the coconut flavor, look no further. This sweet frozen treat is the perfect light and creamy dessert for the spring and summer.
Need Toasted Coconut? You’ve Got Options!
Did you know that there is more than one way to make toasted coconut? In addition to toasting coconut on the stove, you can also toast it in the oven or even in the microwave.
To toast coconut in the oven, simple spread it evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 6-8 minute. Keep a close eye on it and stir frequently to prevent burning.
To use the microwave, spread on a plate and microwave in 30 second increments until toasted.
Four Accompaniments to Take Your Coconut Ice Cream to the Next Level
Ice cream is delicious on its own but there’s nothing wrong with a little extra indulgence every now and again! Just remember to take any additions into account when calculating nutritional values.
- Nuts – Something crunchy is a welcome addition to the soft creamy texture of ice cream. I personally like almonds with coconut, but hazelnuts or macadamia nuts would also be delicious. If you have the time, toast the nuts for added flavor.
- Berries – I love to add fresh berries to ice cream. They cut through the richness and add a natural sweetness and tanginess.
- Whipped “Cream” – Coconut whipped cream for coconut ice cream, enough said.
- Cookies – Make an ice cream sandwich or just sprinkle some cookie crumbs on your ice cream for texture. Try these chocolate avocado cookies or ginger spice cookies.
More Sugar-Free Frozen Treats You Can Make at Home
Your low-carb ice cream options don’t stop with coconut. There are many more Keto-friendly options available from ice cream to popsicles, with every flavor you could possibly imagine. Read on for just a few of the many recipes in our archives.
Coconut lovers are in for a new favorite with this creamy ice cream recipe.
- Using a dry, non-stick pan, toast the coconut flakes until dark golden. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Shake the can of coconut milk and pour into a large bowl. Add the coconut cream and use a whisk to combine well. Stir in the sweetener and the toasted coconut.
- Churn the mixture according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 5 g
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 36 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 1 g