- 1 head of cauliflower (600 g), broken into florets
- 2 Tablespoons of ghee (30 ml), melted (use coconut oil for AIP)
- 0.25 cup of avocado oil (60 ml), to cook beef with
- 1 medium onion (110 g), finely chopped
- 1.5 lbs of ground beef (675 g)
- 2 carrots (100 g), grated
- 2 Tablespoons of Italian seasoning (6 g)
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh parsley (2 g), finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste (omit pepper for AIP)
- Handful of crushed nuts and seeds, for topping (optional – omit for AIP)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Steam the cauliflower until fork-tender, about 5 to 10 minutes (depending on the size of the florets). Drain well.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the cauliflower with the ghee. Season with salt, to taste. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, add the avocado oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and carrots to the skillet. Saute until the ground beef is browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning and parsley to the skillet, stirring well to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the beef mixture in the bottom of a greased baking dish (9-inch x 9-inch (23cm x 23cm) or large oval dish would work). Place the reserved cauliflower mash on top of the beef mixture.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 8 g
- Calories: 684
- Sugar: 6 g
- Fat: 57 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 32 g