Keto Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Nice, light, and tropical, this keto coconut shrimp recipe is perfect for summertime entertaining. It’s especially delicious poolside.
When you’re entertaining, quick and easy is the name of the game. And few recipes are easier than this shrimp recipe.
The coconut flakes mimic the crunchy breading on regular fried shrimp, but without the carbohydrates.
You simply dip the cleaned shrimp into egg, then send it into the coconut flake bowl. Deep fry to perfection, and enjoy!
You can either pair this recipe with others or increase the amount to make sure you’ve got enough to cover hungry guests.
Additional Keto Appetizers
I used to have such a hard time figuring out what to make on keto. Why can’t entertaining be as simple as it was in college when you opened a bag of chips and (on a good night) located a pizza?
While having guests over as an adult is slightly more complicated, the good news about throwing the party yourself is that you control what is served.
That means you avoid the temptations of your friends’ high-carb offerings and enjoy delicious low-carb snacks that won’t jeopardize your ketosis.
Check out this list of keto-friendly appetizer recipes to use the next time you’re in a recipe rut!
- Line a tray or plate with paper towels. Set aside.
- Prepare three bowls. Put the coconut flour in one bowl, the whisked egg in the second, and the coconut flakes in the last.
- Toss all the shrimp in the coconut flour. One at a time, take a shrimp and dip in the egg, allowing the excess to run off. Then dip the shrimp in the coconut, pressing the coconut into the shrimp firmly.
- Heat enough oil to deep fry the shrimp. Once hot, fry the shrimp for a minute or two then remove with a slotted spoon and place on your tray or plate.
- Season with salt, pepper, and a generous squeeze of lime. Serve warm.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 2 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 25 g