Keto Dark Chocolate Macadamia Sea Salt Bars (Fat Bombs)
These Keto dark chocolate macadamia sea salt bars strike a careful balance between sweet and salty. Dark chocolate is paired with creamy macadamia nuts with a sprinkle of salt to break up the richness. Plus, they’re fat bombs so not only do they satisfy your sweet tooth, but they also give you the energy boost you need to get through the day.
What’s the Deal with Macadamia Nuts?
Macadamia nuts are low in carbs and packed with good fats, which makes them ideal for the Keto diet. They may bring Hawaii to mind, but they were discovered in Australia and are now grown all over the world including South Africa.
Macadamia nuts are also linked to a whole host of health benefits. A diet which includes nuts is associated with lower rates of cancer and heart disease . The nutrients found in macadamia nuts, in particular, have been found to have a positive effect on brain development and function .
Mix and Match Your Chocolate Bars
These macadamia nut chocolate bars are perfect on their own, but a little creativity means you’ll never get tired of this recipe. Here are some variations to try, just remember that varying the ingredients may change the nutritional values so substitute thoughtfully!
- Embrace the tropical by adding some unsweetened coconut flakes along with the macadamia nuts. If you’re feeling especially fancy you can toast the nuts and coconut along with a dash of ginger and some lime zest.
- Go cool with peppermint by adding a drop or two of peppermint extract to the chocolate mixture before shaping.
- Mix it up by drizzling a spoonful of cacao butter over the top for a lovely mix of light and dark.
- If you don’t have macadamia nuts, you can always substitute another nut such as hazelnuts or almonds or even brazil nuts, just don’t forget to check the difference in carbs.
More Fat Bomb Candy Recipes
There are so many Keto candy recipes out there and many of them are fat bombs, just like these chocolate bars.
Keto Peppermint Cup Fat Bomb Recipe – These peppermint cup fat bombs are the perfect Keto peppermint patties. Their creamy filling has both coconut butter and coconut oil along with peppermint extract for flavor.
Keto Chocolate-Dipped Vanilla Fat Bomb Recipe – These chocolate-dipped vanilla fat bombs are like little truffles. They have shredded coconut in the filling for texture and they’re enrobed with a luscious chocolate shell.
Keto Raspberry White Chocolate Fat Bomb Recipe – If dark chocolate isn’t for you, we’ve got you covered with these raspberry white chocolate fat bombs. They are made with cacao butter and three different forms of coconut; coconut milk, coconut oil, and coconut butter! They are packed with healthy fats and topped with tangy freeze-dried raspberries.
This rich treat is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a very low heat. Remove from heat and stir in the sweetener.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or other container and put into the fridge for 15 minutes – the mixture should be starting to set but not solid yet.
- Scatter the crushed macadamia nuts on top along with the sea salt. Lightly press into the chocolate.
- Place back into the fridge or freezer for 2 hours.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 2 g