Keto Chocolate Haystacks Fat Bombs Recipe
What do you do when you’re craving a certain chocolate bar with coconut and almonds, but you don’t want to fall out of ketosis? Make these Keto chocolate haystacks fat bombs, of course! They only have five ingredients, and sugar isn’t one of them! Without all those additives and sugars, the flavor of coconut and the almonds are able to shine through. The crisp dark chocolate shell is the perfect counterpoint to the nutty coconut and almond mixture. This is what candy should be! So say no to store-bought, and make your own. Once you try it, you won’t want to go back.
Ingredient Info: Shredded Coconut
Coconut is a staple of a Keto diet, whether it’s coconut milk, coconut flour, or just plain coconut, you’ll find this ingredient in all kinds of dishes both sweet and savory. Read on for the lowdown on one common form of coconut that you should keep in your pantry: shredded coconut.
There are two kinds of shredded coconut, sweetened and unsweetened obviously if you are following the Keto diet, you should avoid sweetened coconut and only buy unsweetened. Unsweetened coconut comes in two main forms, shredded coconut, and coconut flakes. Shredded coconut comes in very thin strands, like shredded cheese, while flaked coconut comes in wider flat pieces that look like confetti.
You can also buy desiccated coconut which is finely ground coconut that has had the moisture removed. It is similar to coconut flour; however, coconut flour has had the fat removed from it and desiccated coconut has not.
Top Tips for Perfect Chocolate Haystacks
- Toast the add-ins – For a little extra flavor, toast the coconut and almonds. Just make sure they have fully cooled before adding them to the chocolate.
- Perfect portions – If you have a cookie dough scoop, it will give you perfectly portioned haystacks with no mess. If you don’t, you can use two spoons, one for scooping and one for scraping.
- Wrap individually – Unless you are going to eat all your haystacks in one sitting, wrapping them individually in wax or parchment paper will ensure that they don’t stick together during storage.
More Keto Fat Bombs to Enjoy
Fat bombs are a lifesaver on a low-carb diet because they can give you extra fuel when you need it without added carbs. There are countless recipes out there. Read on for some of our favorites.
Or find more info and more Keto fat bomb recipes here!
Think of these are your homemade, keto-friendly Mounds bars.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl together. Stir in the stevia or erythritol, to taste.
- Add the shredded coconut and chopped almonds to the bowl to coat with the chocolate.
- Place into molds (e.g., ice cube trays) and freeze for 2 hours.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 1 g
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g