Home » Keto Recipes » Ketogenic Dessert Recipes » Keto Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Keto Chocolate Brownies Recipe
Special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries can be difficult on a keto diet. But fear not – these rich, indulgent chocolate brownies are easy to make any time you want to celebrate.
If a keto chocolate brownies recipe isn’t quite what you’re looking for, you might like the sound of our coconut blondies!
Baking With Coconut Oil
As I’m sure you know, these keto chocolate brownies are no ordinary brownies. I chose to make these with coconut oil.
Coconut oil is a great asset for baking. It works well in brownies of course, but also pie crusts, cookies and cakes.
This oil can be liquid or solid – it depends at the temperature at which it is stored. Coconut oil has a melting point of around 76 degrees. If it’s cooler than that the oil will solidify.
Coconut oil can replace butter in your recipes in equal amounts. Keep that in mind if you love to bake but you’re dairy-free.
If you ever decide to use coconut oil in a recipe that calls for liquid oil, such as vegetable oil, you can warm it up in the microwave first. Just watch it, coconut oil melts quick!
Your best bet for these brownies may be to select refined coconut oil. The refined version is processed to take out the coconut smell and taste. That’s a very good thing, unless you’re jonesing for coconut brownies.
While you’ve got your coconut oil handy, you can use it to grease your baking dish before making this keto chocolate brownies recipe.
For non-keto occasions (kids birthday parties, school bake sales…) you might want to look at this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Whisk the eggs well, then stir in the vanilla essence, coconut cream and coconut oil (ensuring the coconut oil is not too hot, else it will scramble the eggs). Mix well and set aside.
- Combine the almond flour, unsweetened cacao powder, and sweetener in a bowl.
- Add the wet egg mixture to the almond flour mixture and combine until fully incorporated.
- Tip the mixture into a small, greased baking dish (approx. 7-in x 7-in), smooth down the top and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Use a cake tester to ensure the brownies have cooked, then remove and allow to cool before slicing into squares.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 3 g
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 7 g