Keto Chimichurri Grilled Steak
Keto folks sure love their steak, and that’s all the more reason to add some variety to your grill. Try this keto chimichurri grilled steak for a new twist on dinner.
What is Chimichurri?
I like to think of this sauce as a steak accessory. Dressing your steak with various culinary adornments seems to be having a moment on the restaurant scene.
I happen to like the creative flair this brings to the table, so I thought you should consider dressing up your steak with chimichurri sauce.
Chimichurri is a garlicky green sauce from Argentina. It’s similar to pesto but has a little tang from the vinegar.
It also contains parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, and sometimes cilantro.
You’ll notice it doesn’t seem to include any ingredients that would cause problems for your ketogenic diet. This is one of those magical recipes that are naturally keto – no substitutions necessary!
Other Uses for Chimichurri Sauce
Don’t limit yourself to only making this zesty chimichurri sauce on steak night. It happens to be a mouth-watering addition to many dishes.
Spice up your salmon, cap off your chicken, and pump up your pork with this delightful green sauce. But its usefulness extends beyond meat.
You can use it to top your zucchini noodles for excellent mock pasta or place it on top of some keto bread as a smart appetizer.
Or you could whip up a bowl and use it for dipping. Keto tortilla chips would make a nice accessory here.
Circling back to the meat (after all, this is a keto article!) I think chimichurri sauce would make a fantastic marinade as well.
More Keto Beef Recipes
One of my favorite things about this keto chimichurri grilled steak recipe is that it feels special for a home-cooked meal.
And that’s the best part of cooking – really putting your time and energy into making something special to enjoy.
I know a lot of creative people actually like boundaries – it helps push them and focus their thoughts, and I feel the same way about designing recipes for keto.
There are definite restrictions, but sometimes that pushes me to come up with wonderful recipes I never would have considered without the unique demands of a keto diet.
Consider these additional beef recipes I’ve created especially for keto. I think they’re delightfully out of the ordinary and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
A zesty topping to elevate your steak
For the steak –
- 2 beef steaks (choose fattier cuts)
- 2 Tablespoons (60 ml) ghee, to cook steaks with
- Salt, to taste
For the chimichurri sauce –
- 1 cup of fresh parsley
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 chili pepper, deseeded
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the chimichurri sauce, place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend well.
- To make the steak, salt the steaks. Then place 2 tablespoons of ghee in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks to desired doneness. Add the rest of the ghee to cook the other steaks. Alternatively, grill the steaks.
- To serve, put each steak on a plate with desired amounts of chimichurri sauce spooned over the steaks and Keto cauliflower mash on the side.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 459
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 42 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 17 g