- 3 skinless boneless chicken breasts (1.3 lb or 600 g) (defrosted, if frozen)
- 1 (14.5 oz or 414 ml) can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion (2 oz or 55 g), peeled and sliced
- 2 cups (240 ml) chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 3 Tablespoons (18 g) taco seasoning
- 1 medium bell pepper (4.2 oz or 120 g), chopped
- 2 cups broccoli or cauliflower (350 g), chopped
- To serve: chopped fresh cilantro, coconut cream, sliced avocado, chopped green onions (optional)
- Add the chicken, diced tomatoes, onion, chicken broth, and taco seasoning into a slow cooker. Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and use 2 forks to shred the meat.
- Add the shredded chicken, bell pepper and broccoli or cauliflower to the slow cooker and continue to cook for an additional 1 hour until the vegetables are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the soup by itself or serve with the optional toppings.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per serving: 6 g
- Calories: 245
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 26 g