For the salad dressing:
- 3 Tablespoons of olive oil (45 ml)
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice (15 ml)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the chicken pieces:
- 2 chicken breasts (approx. 200 g each), chopped into cubes
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder (2 g)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika (2 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of onion powder (7 g)
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder (10 g)
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning (1 g)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 4 Tablespoons (60 ml) avocado oil, to cook chicken with
For the salad:
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, finely sliced
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- To make the dressing, whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. In another bowl, add in all the dry ingredients for the chicken. Then place the chicken pieces into the bowl to cover with the spices.
- In a frying pan, heat up the avocado oil and cook the chicken until tender. Alternatively, you can cook the chicken on skewers in the oven or on the grill. Make sure the chicken is properly cooked.
- To make the salad, toss the salad ingredients with the salad dressing and place the cooked chicken pieces on top.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 8 g
- Calories: 746
- Sugar: 5 g
- Fat: 56 g
- Carbohydrates: 11 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 50 g