For the chicken
- 1 chicken breast (200 g), sliced into thin pieces
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (.5 g) paprika
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Avocado oil or olive oil to fry chicken in
For the Italian Grain-Free Bread
- 1/3 cup (35 g) almond flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon (1g) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 g) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 g) baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon (1 g) salt
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons (37 ml) ghee (or butter if you tolerate it, coconut oil, or olive oil), melted
For serving with
- Mustard, Paleo mayo, and romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
- Place all the bread ingredients into a mug and mix well.
- Place the mug into the microwave and microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes and then pop out of the mug and slice into 4 slices.
- Place the slices onto a baking tray and toast in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the chicken breast into thin slices approximately the size of the mug (so that the chicken pieces won’t hang out of the bread too much).
- Make the coating for the chicken pieces by mixing together the egg, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a frying pan. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg mixture and then place into the frying pan. Fry on medium heat until the outside of the chicken turns golden and then chicken is completely cooked. Place the chicken pieces on a plate.
- Put the sandwiches together by spreading some mustard and mayo onto 1 slice of bread, adding some lettuce leaves, and then putting a slice of chicken on top. Eat as an open-faced sandwich or place another slice of toasted Italian grain-free bread on top.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 714
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fat: 65 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 33 g