Have this keto chicken mushroom broccoli bake recipe on the ready for when the mercury drops!
- 2 Tablespoons of ghee (30 ml), for greasing baking dish
- 10 slices of bacon (280 g), diced
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil (60 ml), to cook chicken in
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- 2 heads of broccoli (900 g), broken into small florets
- 10 white button mushrooms (100 g), diced
- 1/2 medium onion (55 g), diced
- 2 cups of coconut milk (480 ml), from cans
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Grease a large baking dish with the ghee and set aside. (Place any excess ghee in the bottom of the baking dish.)
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the bacon and sauté until crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon from the skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the coconut oil with the bacon grease over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and sauté until cooked through about 10 minutes. Season with salt, to taste. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
- In a food processor, blend the broccoli, onion, and coconut milk to form a rough puree. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour the puree into the bottom of the greased baking dish. Sprinkle the bacon, chicken, and mushrooms on top.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 6 g
- Calories: 543
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 46 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 26 g