This flavorful soup is similar to a classic chicken noodle but with a rich Indian flavor.
2 Tablespoons of ghee (30 ml)
1 medium onion (4 oz or 110 g), thinly sliced
2 carrots (3.5 oz or 100 g), sliced or diced
2 stalks of celery (1.4 oz or 40 g), diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced or finely diced
1 Tablespoon of fresh ginger (5 g)
4 chicken thighs (1.3 lb or 600 g), skin removed
6 cups of chicken broth (1.5 L)
1 (14 oz or 414 ml) can of full-fat coconut milk
1 Tablespoon of turmeric (6 g)
1 Tablespoon of mild curry powder (7 g)
0.5 head of cauliflower (11 oz or 300 g), processed into rice-like pieces
2 Tablespoon of fresh parsley (2 g), chopped (for garnish)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt the ghee in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and fresh ginger to the pot and cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the chicken thighs, chicken broth, coconut milk, turmeric and curry powder to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Remove the chicken thighs from the pot, shred using 2 forks, and return the shredded chicken to the pot. Discard the chicken bones.
- Add the cauliflower “rice” and simmer for an additional 3 to 5 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley before serving.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs per servings: 5 g
- Serving Size: ¼ recipe
- Calories: 342
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 26 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 18 g