Keto Chicken Lettuce Wraps Appetizer Recipe
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a tastier option than this keto chicken lettuce wraps appetizer recipe in the summer. Serve it as an appetizer or eat a bigger serving for lunch.
The Perks of Mushrooms
This recipe includes mushrooms, which are a great ingredient to have on hand for your ketogenic diet. This low-carb member of the fungi family is a great “meat stretcher” that absorbs the flavors of foods around it.
They offer a sneaky way to cut costs, as you can throw mushrooms into many a recipe containing meat. They add body without overpowering a dish or jeopardizing your ketosis.
They’re good for you too. Mushrooms are high in fiber and a good source of selenium, which helps protect against free radicals.
Customizing Your Wraps
This recipe is easy to change up each time you make it. You could easily trade the chicken for ground turkey or beef.
For the wrap, try bibb lettuce or a crunchy romaine instead of iceberg. The outer layers of lettuce tend to be the most useful but look out for pieces with holes.
If you prefer things to be mild, omit the chili pepper. Alternatively, you could add more chili pepper or an even spicier pepper.
Eating Chinese Food on Keto
Eating Chinese food doesn’t have to be off-limits just because you’re watching your macros. Here are some handy keto Chinese recipes.
- 3 Tablespoons (45 ml) avocado oil, to cook with
- 6 white mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon of minced ginger
- 1 chicken breast, ground (or finely diced) (approx. 1/2 lb or 225 g)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) of gluten-free tamari sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, finely sliced (seeds removed)
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- Add avocado oil to a hot pan and cook the diced mushrooms. Add garlic and ginger.
- Then add the ground chicken and cook until the meat is done.
- Add the sliced chili pepper, sliced green onion, chopped cilantro, sesame oil, vinegar, and tamari sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Make the wraps by spooning the chicken mixture into the lettuce leaves. Wrap up and enjoy.
All nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts.
Net Carbs: 2 g
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 18 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 10 g